Instead of never bringing it up and just fading into the night (the preferred plan of introverts everywhere), it feels like I owe you a post. Mostly because I’ve gotten a number of messages here and on Twitter inquiring about certain bugs on Neopets.com and I don’t want you to think I’m ignoring you folks and making TNT look bad. I’ve also gotten nice messages about stuff that I can’t take credit for. Thus, I thought I’d let y’all know so you can direct your love to the proper people. *nod*
Let me preemptively answer some questions!
- ‘Twas my own choice. It was a very tough one but I ultimately decided that, after the transition, it was time to move on to the next chapter. I’m super proud to have been part of such an amazing team. I’ve learned so many things from those talented, smart, creative, nerdy, weird, fun, hard-working, sexy, hilarious people and wish them great success in the future!
- No, you can’t have my pets. You curs!
- Wait, I can’t have my pets either! (Stupidly, I made ‘snarkie’ my admin account when I started there and admin accounts are locked when someone leaves. I had way too many weird things in my SDB anyway. *cough*)
- I’m still a Neopets fan, though, so I continue to play on my regular account.
- I’m not posting the username, mostly because it’s one of those embarrassing ones that you think is cool at the time but no. No it wasn’t. (⌒_⌒;)
- I’m gonna get a plaque made up with my dates – November 4th, 2002 – September 19th, 2014 – to put on the frame of this rad going away gift the gang gave me on my last day. (Have I said how awesome they are?) Glad to be of service, Doc.
- (Actually, I stopped working on September 20th at 1:32 AM but who’s counting? ;_;)
- Assuming the schedule hasn’t fluctuated (which happens a lot :P), the team was working really hard on a couple things coming up and I’m excited to be on this side for a change. 🙂
- WoD pre-patch is happening soon and I still don’t have my legendary cloak whoops. This is unrelated but it’s consuming my soul and I needed to share. Sorry.
My ask box is open if I left something out! Fair warning, though. I’m not going to give away any super interesting behind-the-scenes secrets or anything like that. My good friends are back at HQ, still hard at work for you, and I don’t want to step on their toes or hinder them in any way by spilling any beans. 🙂
Anyway, big, huge, gigantic thanks to everyone for an awesome almost-12-years. I may not have known all of your individual names because that’s quite impossible since I’m not actually a robot, but I still know you’re all the best fans ever. You guys taught me so many things while I was lucky enough to be a part of the team that tries to keep you entertained every day. Thanks for helping make Neopets what it is and for continuing to help shape it for the next 15 years to come! (Seriously, it’ll be the 15th birthday soon. That’s crazy!)
Man, can I babble. I’ll shut up now. I haven’t done my dailies yet today so I’m gonna go do that. Bye~~