The archivist was one of Blizzard’s Diablo III April Fool’s jokes that year, so I decided to use it as my BlizzCon costume. Most people thought I was a young Deckard Cain. Close enough.
So far, it’s been my only time walking on stage in costume at a convention. It was really fun talking to staff and seeing all the amazing costumes backstage! The actual walking in front of a huge crowd was harrowing but I still had a great time. I hope to do it again soon.
- Character: The Archivist
- Series: Blizzard (Diablo III)
- Year: 2009
- Hours: ~50
- Event(s): BlizzCon 2009
- I had it narrowed down to one other choice, and decided to do this because it would be “funny” and also because it was easier. Ha! Little did I know that this would be the extent of my reference shots. That’ll learn me to try.
- The fake books were super tough to find for some reason. Everyone posting online was finding them easily at Jo-Ann or Michael’s but of course my stores had none. Had to order from Jo-Ann online and it took them 3 weeks to finally send them.
- I didn’t have time to finish the staff. I will live with that failure for the rest of my life.
- I made myself laugh on stage because I was nervous and also I did the Shhh spell from the joke video and also I could hear people laughing at that. So that was nice.
- Mike Morhaime knew who I was. That’s all that matters.